RANZCOG Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance (IFS) Clinical Guideline Fourth Edition.
The fourth edition of the RANZCOG Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance Clinical Guideline was approved by RANZCOG Board and Council on 15 November 2019 and is now available online.
The revised guideline provides advice on all aspects of intrapartum fetal surveillance including:
- How to undertake intrapartum fetal surveillance
- Fetal surveillance in low-risk pregnancies
- Fetal surveillance in pregnancies with risk factors
- The admission CTG
- CTG definitions
- Excessive uterine activity and uterine hyperstimulation
- Fetal blood sampling
- Other techniques for intrapartum fetal surveillance including fetal ECG/ST segment analysis, fetal pulse oximetry, scalp electrodes and intrauterine pressure catheters
- Maintaining standards and clinical practice review (including paired umbilical cord blood gas analysis)