An essential and easy-to-read resource for all clinicians involved in the care of women in pregnancy and labour.
The new edition of this best selling handbook has been completely updated to support the latest RANZCOG guideline and the FSEP workshops, Online Program (OFSEP) and assessment. It is an essential and easy-to-read resource for all clinicians involved in the care of women in pregnancy and labour. Over 60 examples of real CTGs are provided, supported by detailed descriptions and guided interpretation. This is the only written resource needed to support workplace learning.
The authors of Assessing Fetal Wellbeing; a practical guide have kept the handbook short and clinically focused. As with the RANZCOG FSEP, a solid understanding of fetal physiology underpins the clinical application of knowledge. This handbook will better equip clinicians to be able to interpret and manage the diverse fetal heart rate patterns that they will see in their daily work.
The physiological of fetal surveillance
- utero placental anatomy and physiology
- control of the fetal heart rate
- fetal acid base balance
- the fetal response to hypoxia
The antenatal CTG
- how to perform an antenatal CTG
- indications for an antenatal CTG
- how to interpret an antenatal CTG
- the abnormal antenatal CTG
Intrapartum fetal surveillance
- intrapartum CTG interpretation
- the abnormal intrapartum CTG
- the challenging CTG
- maternal heart rate recording
- uterine hyperstimulation
- fetal blood sampling
Fetal surveillance in special circumstances
- assessment methods
- indications for assessment